Hi, if you’re reading this that would mean that you are in need of water mitigation services either in your home or office. We at Millers Carpet Cleaning can fix this problem for you with our professional water damage restoration services. Just fill out the form or give us a call at 1-800-253-2669.
Water Damage Restoration
Water damage resulting from seeping water is progressive, pervasive and it can lead to irreversible damage to your valuable products. This is especially a possibility if the emergency response doesn’t arrive within first 48 hours. It is necessary to call and get the water mitigation process began to prevent damage, For those who have a flooded basement or ceiling water damage.
When moisture seeps in to anything that’s of value, there are some steps that must immediately be taken to reduce long-term damage. There are lots of possible causes of water damage to business or your home such as leaky pipes and basement flooding. We are here 24/7 to provide immediate water damage restoration and water reduction solutions to prevent damage and restore your property!
Water Mitigation & Drying
Water Mitigation is the process of preventing or reducing the amount of water damage that happens after something like a leaking pipe or a flooded basement. Once we’ve completed your water damage restoration water mitigation prevents any additional damage with proper and fast actions.
This process includes:
- Water Extraction
Water Damage Restoration
Water reduction is often required after plumbing failures, floods, or when the water rushes into homes after a storm. Ceiling soaked rugs water damage furniture, and flooring that is warped begin to happen if there is a water damage restoration staffn’t on site.
We take specific steps to reduce the property destruction, to prevent any possible mold growth, and to restore the property back to its original value.
Because we realize that it is very important to act quickly in response to emergencies like flooding from plumbing failures, or water backups due to storms, you can rely on us to deliver the most effective water reduction and restoration services that you can get 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
If you have any questions regarding our water damage restoration services, don’t be hesitant and call us now or schedule an appointment.
Our Water Damage Restoration Services
After the water reduction process is complete and additional damage prevented, the water damage restoration process begins so we can start rebuilding and restoring your home. The water recovery process includes:
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Assisting with filing insurance claims
- Cleaning and recovery of possessions such as files, linens, clothes and books.
- Drying of affected regions such as walls, furniture, padding and carpeting.
- Locating and repairing the source of leaking water
- Storm damage repair and renovation solutions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
What to expect in case of a flood or some other water damage emergency:
Within few minutes of your call, we dispatch our specialists to start repair & restoration services. Once our professionals to reach the scene, they make use of the equipment to start extracting water. We use special cleaning agents to prevent mold and dehumidify your home once the water level subsides. We’ll also be working on your own furniture and other possessions as your construction is drying out. Our team is trained to handle even the most delicate items such as oriental rugs. Our restoration specialists provide you the opportunity to relax and take care of things while we clean up and take care of the water damage repair, recovery.
Things to do if you discover water damage:
- Stay calm. You will need to be able to think.
- Close down the water main. Shut down all sources of water to reduce damage if your flood is connected to pipes or appliances.
- After that, shut down electrical breakers from the damaged areas. Make sure power is off before removing or unplugging some of the electrical equipment from the carpet or the submerged regions!
- Call us for water damage restoration.
- Eliminate materials, papers, books, potted plants, shoes and other items capable of staining the wet carpeting.
- Mop and blot in order to remove as much water as you can.
- Eliminate the rugs and anything that aren’t permanently attached to the floor. Don’t try to remove the wall-to-wall carpet.
- The curtains should be lifted from the floor. Loop them. Put this hanger on the rod.
- Take a cloth and wipe the furniture. In order to permit drying Put the cushions in a dry area. Place an aluminum foil under the legs of the furniture.
- Move paintings, artwork, and photographs to a dry and safe location.
- Open the drawers, cabinet doors, and cabinets in order to enhance the drying.
- Keep the books on the shelves. Pack the books tightly in order to prevent the warping of the pages until we could start the drying.
Things to avoid when you discover water damage:
- Avoid using the home vacuum. There is a possibility of electrical shock and there can be damage to the equipment also.
- Avoid placing newspapers in the areas in which you or other people will walk. The paper ink can transfer to the fibers of the carpet and this could result in permanent staining.
- Do not walk on the carpet, except when necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to the unaffected regions.
- Do not enter any room that has standing water. Turn off the power to the house, if you have to enter a room with standing water.
- Do not lift the tacked down carpet without professional assistance.
- Do not use electrical appliances when you have wet floors or carpeting.
- Do not remove books from the shelves.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
Shop vacuums or the companies that just have carpet drying equipment can not stop the water from damaging the walls, under molding or baseboards. The water penetrates through the floor coverings in to the subfloors, and it finally results in the damage to the rooms.
If the internal humidity of the building is not controlled, the undamaged objects that are safe from original flood damage can get ruined because it’s absorbing moisture from the atmosphere. The structures that aren’t dried fast enough or properly will serve as food sources for mold. This will result in a more expensive mold removal services.